You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know where to start. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Zinus Mattress For Stomach Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of different categories when making our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, putting every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. This also causes some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the entire structure, making it a great pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for their needs. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and might help with recovery. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel up the top. All of these features will assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel differs widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers all night! A few of the top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost consider looking at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Zinus Mattress For Stomach Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by putting on a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty. This will give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially the Helix Midnight. Top Zinus Mattress For Stomach Sleepers