If you’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Zinus Mattress For Side Sleepers
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of the process we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the structure, making it a great pick for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out to the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with getting it in your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that can help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known for its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their comfort is different. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from green Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper all night! The top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping a low temperature at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Zinus Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by using an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Zinus Mattress For Side Sleepers