So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Waterproof Mattress Protector For Hot Sleepers
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely notable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress, making it a great choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in the comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. Also made with a phase change material, it assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body, age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature at night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type check out our website for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex can check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Waterproof Mattress Protector For Hot Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by using the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Waterproof Mattress Protector For Hot Sleepers