So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Waterbed Mattress For Back Pain
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
We have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share some details about the process we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here is rated 4/5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid with recovery. It makes Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with the gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips still are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel on the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end choices in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type, visit our page for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to select one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds that have impressive edges, cool options as well as other features that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Waterbed Mattress For Back Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for some time by putting on a mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It can also give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger choice, go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Waterbed Mattress For Back Pain