If you’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Verlo Mattress For Back Pain
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, running every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the mattress, making it a great pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce more body heat than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread until the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with your Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure at low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material, it assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel up the top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost check out the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features and other requirements that couples could take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Verlo Mattress For Back Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at all price points! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by using a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides especially the Helix Midnight. Top Verlo Mattress For Back Pain