So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Type Of Mattress For Stomach Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about the method we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel , which is suitable for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the mattress which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up on the Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known by the “Ghost Ice” cover on many mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, so you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and, as an additional feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel on top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel differs widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the right mattress that suits your body, visit our page for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples including beds with impressive edges, cool options, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Type Of Mattress For Stomach Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by using an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger choice, look through our list of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for side sleepers especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Type Of Mattress For Stomach Sleepers