So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know where to begin. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Type Of Mattress For Hot Sleepers
Remember that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about the process we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but for an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the entire structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid with recovery. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up on the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with the gel memory foam which as well as being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by its “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these features will assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Type Of Mattress For Hot Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for some time by using the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease a lot of discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Type Of Mattress For Hot Sleepers