You’re looking for a new mattress but don’t know where to begin. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Type Of Mattress For Belly Sleepers
Remember that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most notable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the mattress, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their needs. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the region) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up with your Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support the sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers all night! The best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Type Of Mattress For Belly Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress some time by putting on a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight overnight as well as help ease a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Type Of Mattress For Belly Sleepers