If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Type Of Mattress For Back Support
Keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what works for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the process we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab. We’ve put each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure, making it a great choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for them. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many of its mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine in a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type, age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end choices in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that suits your body go to our site for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and beds with impressive edges, cool features and other requirements that couples may take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Type Of Mattress For Back Support FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for several months by putting on the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check the warranty. It will give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Type Of Mattress For Back Support