So you’re in the market of a mattress, but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Type Of Mattress For Athletes
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the process we used to select them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to easily switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be in a position to find a bed that works for them. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce more body heat than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for some their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type, age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality options in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their comfort varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Type Of Mattress For Athletes FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by putting on a mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night and can ease many of the back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Type Of Mattress For Athletes