If you’re looking for a new mattress, but aren’t sure where to begin. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Type Of Mattress For Arthritis
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from their bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to get not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. You can also check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the structure, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and might help in the recovery process. The Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up with your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has the gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous for the “Ghost Ice” cover for some of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it could be slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine in a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports both sides of the bed and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a glance at best soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Type Of Mattress For Arthritis FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress a few months by using a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check the warranty. It will give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Type Of Mattress For Arthritis