If you’re looking of a mattress but don’t know where to start. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Type Mattress For Side Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about the method we used to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top well-known names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for those who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up on Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam that as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to review of the top soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Type Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress several months by putting on a mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to check the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Type Mattress For Side Sleepers