If you’re looking of a mattress, but have no idea where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Twin Xl Mattress Pad For College
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when we made our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely notable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. This also causes some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear the perfect choice for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up on the Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam which as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine within a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so solid that it can be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body, age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the top memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers throughout the night! Some of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body go to our site for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features, and other needs that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Twin Xl Mattress Pad For College FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress a few months by adding a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight as well as help ease some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Twin Xl Mattress Pad For College