So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Twin Mattress For Platform Bed
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when making our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able find not just the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about how we came to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel , which is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for them. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and might help with recovery. It makes Bear the perfect choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous for the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, so you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable for the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and, as an additional touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. These features should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling then you might want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type and age, sleeping position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Twin Mattress For Platform Bed FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by adding a mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for their back. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight as well as help ease some of the pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Twin Mattress For Platform Bed