You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Tempur Pedic Mattress For Side Sleepers
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of different categories when making our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share some details about how we came to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up with Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also has the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover on many mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips still are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support both sides of the bed and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type, visit our page for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Tempur Pedic Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for some time by using an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, look through our list of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Tempur Pedic Mattress For Side Sleepers