You’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Support Mattress For Side Sleepers
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when we made our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to find not just”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of the process we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious comfort punch without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below the back, which will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the entire structure, making it a great choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl in Bear Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure at their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority of its mattresses. Also made with a phase change material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these traits should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under 1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type go to our site for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Support Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by using an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Support Mattress For Side Sleepers