If you’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Soft Mattress Topper For Back Pain
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but for a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. You can also check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the mattress, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be in a position to find a bed that works for them. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from the comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many of its mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping the spine neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these traits should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using green Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper all night! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to review of the best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Soft Mattress Topper For Back Pain FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress some time by adding the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider selection, they can always check out our roundup of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Soft Mattress Topper For Back Pain