So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but don’t know where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Soft Mattress For Side Sleepers
Remember that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about the process we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off more body heat than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous for the “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is solid that it can be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling, you may want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort is different. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be important for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and beds with impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Soft Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by using the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Soft Mattress For Side Sleepers