You’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Soft Mattress For Back Pain
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to find not just”the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. You can also look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be able to find the right bed for them. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on the Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is known by the “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so solid that it can be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports both sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type, age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper all night! The top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under 1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Soft Mattress For Back Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by putting on the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the back pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for side sleepers, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Soft Mattress For Back Pain