If you’re looking of a mattress, but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Sleep Number Bed For Lower Back Pain
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about how we came to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but for an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples may consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Sleep Number Bed For Lower Back Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress several months by putting on a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It will give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Sleep Number Bed For Lower Back Pain