If you’re looking of a mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Single Mattress For Adults
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. It makes Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle in your Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time they’ll feel a squeeze from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam that as well as being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so solid that it can be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option for the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these features will assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the bed and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the best mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial to keep the temperature low during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds that have impressive edges, cool options as well as other features that couples could take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Single Mattress For Adults FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for some time by adding a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease many of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Single Mattress For Adults