So you’re in the market for a new mattress but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Short Queen Mattress For Side Sleepers
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to easily change positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant comfort punch without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be in a position to find the right bed for them. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit more body heat than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with getting it in your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it neat and secure.
For feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine in a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable for the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable, and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on the top. These features should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Short Queen Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by using the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for their back. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease many of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always look through our list of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Short Queen Mattress For Side Sleepers