So you’re in the market of a mattress but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Serta Mattress For Side Sleepers
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of categories in mind when making our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure, making it a great choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for them. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out until the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear a great fit for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of the move into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress for your body type go to our site for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Serta Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress several months by using a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease many of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Serta Mattress For Side Sleepers