If you’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea where to start. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Serta Mattress For Side Sleepers With Lower Back Pain
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, running each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. It makes Bear the perfect choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle in Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure in their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has a layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support the sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type and age, sleeping positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples could take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Serta Mattress For Side Sleepers With Lower Back Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for some time by adding the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to look over its warranty, which can also give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, look through our list of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for side sleepers especially the Helix Midnight. Top Serta Mattress For Side Sleepers With Lower Back Pain