If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to start. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Serta Mattress For Kids
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about how we came to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding the bed that is right for them. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam coated with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up with Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so solid that it can be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are made to keep the user comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples might take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Serta Mattress For Kids FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by putting on an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease many of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Serta Mattress For Kids