You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Serta Mattress For Adjustable Bed
Remember that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to easily switch positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is made of 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding the bed that is right for them. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread to the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little shape from a cushion of comfort foam that’s filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with the gel memory foam which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. Also made with a phase change material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping the spine neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and give you some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel then you might want to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body as well as age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel differs widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our best mattresses under 1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool options and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Serta Mattress For Adjustable Bed FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for several months by putting on the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over the warranty. It will give you a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger choice, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for side sleepers especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Serta Mattress For Adjustable Bed