So you’re in the market for a new mattress but have no idea what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Sealy Mattress For Stomach Sleepers
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about the process we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below the back, which will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure, making it a great choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, similar to latex in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for those who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with getting it in your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for its “Ghost Ice” cover for many of its mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material that assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable for the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these traits should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling then you might want to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support the sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers all night! A few of the top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Sealy Mattress For Stomach Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for some time by adding an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Sealy Mattress For Stomach Sleepers