If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Sealy Mattress For Side Sleepers
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about the process we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to easily switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely well-known brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built of 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the entire structure which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread all the way to the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover for some of its mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material, it assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel on top. These features should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is made of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! The top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the best mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for some examples and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Sealy Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by putting on the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty. This can also give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive choice, go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Sealy Mattress For Side Sleepers