So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Saatva Mattress For Side Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to discover not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath the back, which will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for them. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out to the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from the cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid with recovery. It makes Bear the perfect choice for those who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up with Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure in low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. At the same time they’ll feel a squeeze due to the memory foam.
The memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with moving it into your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is known by its “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon the type of body, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to glance at best soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples could take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Saatva Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by putting on an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty. This will give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease a lot of discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Saatva Mattress For Side Sleepers