If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Saatva Mattress For Adjustable Bed
Remember that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to switch positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious comfort punch without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the mattress which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off more body heat than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure at the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. Also made with a phase change material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine in a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and, as an additional touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these features will aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type as well as age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their comfort varies widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper all night! A few of the top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Saatva Mattress For Adjustable Bed FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by using the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty. This will give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight overnight as well as help ease many of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Saatva Mattress For Adjustable Bed