You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Rv Mattress For Side Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of categories in mind when we made our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to get not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk some details about how we came to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful comfort punch without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed of 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be able to find a bed that works for them. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the location) to help ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam that’s infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. The Bear a great fit for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze by the foam memory.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in the move into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleepers.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is known for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips still feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel on the top. These features should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel then you might want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up the sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a look at the top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Rv Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at all price points! A budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease many of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Rv Mattress For Side Sleepers