If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Replacement Mattress For Queen Sleeper Sofa
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when we made our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to easily switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version, so most couples should be in a position to find the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam that’s infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination with memory foam and poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material that helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel on the top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a look at the top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features as well as other features that couples could take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Replacement Mattress For Queen Sleeper Sofa FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress some time by adding a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Replacement Mattress For Queen Sleeper Sofa