So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but don’t know what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Rated Mattress Toppers For Back Pain
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of different categories when making our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about how we came to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, putting each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out to the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam infused with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up on the Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with getting it in your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleepers.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material, it helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and, as an additional touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling is different. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers throughout the night! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body check out our website for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds with impressive edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Rated Mattress Toppers For Back Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at all price points! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by putting on an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which can also give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Rated Mattress Toppers For Back Pain