So you’re in the market for a new mattress but don’t know where to start. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Rated Mattress Topper For Back Pain
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be able to find the right bed for their needs. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out to the end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a squeeze by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with the move into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many of its mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping the spine healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so solid that it can be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up the sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost consider looking at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds with impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Rated Mattress Topper For Back Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by using an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty, which will give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Rated Mattress Topper For Back Pain