If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Rated Mattress For Lower Back Pain
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able get not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of the method we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top notable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl in Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleepers.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous for the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so solid that it can be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! The top adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that suits your body, visit our page for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options and other requirements that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Rated Mattress For Lower Back Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by putting on the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which can also give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Rated Mattress For Lower Back Pain