If you’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Rated Mattress For Hot Sleepers
Keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we have a variety of different categories when making our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of the process we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most notable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. This also causes some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam infused by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear a great fit for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl in your Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also has a layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up the top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel differs widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most popular kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body check out our website for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples could consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Rated Mattress For Hot Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by using an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to check the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Rated Mattress For Hot Sleepers