If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure where to begin. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Rated Mattress For Back Support
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to get not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share some details about the process we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam that’s infused by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known by their “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material, it assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the bed and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end choices in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort differs widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples could take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Rated Mattress For Back Support FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for a few months by adding an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty. This will give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease a lot of pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger choice, check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Rated Mattress For Back Support