You’re looking of a mattress, but aren’t sure where to begin. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Queen Size Mattress For Hot Sleepers
Remember that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able get not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about how we came to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top well-known brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed by using 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm version and most couples will be able to find a bed that works for them. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleeping.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover for some mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their feeling varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our best mattresses under 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and beds that have impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Queen Size Mattress For Hot Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress several months by putting on a mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always go through our selection of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Queen Size Mattress For Hot Sleepers