So you’re in the market of a mattress but aren’t sure where to start. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Queen Mattress For Side Sleeper
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
We have a variety of categories in mind when making our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to discover not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each bed We’d like to talk some details about how we came to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely well-known names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the entire structure, making it a great pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their preferences. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially for back pain.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam coated with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and could aid with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with the move into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover on many of its mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end choices in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is essential to keep the temperature low in the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds with impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples may take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Queen Mattress For Side Sleeper FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress some time by putting on the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It will give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Queen Mattress For Side Sleeper