So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Queen Mattress For Platform Bed
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when making our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily switch positions on any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for them. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam which as well as being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material which assists in helping with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable for the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the top memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under 1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to glance at best soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Queen Mattress For Platform Bed FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by using an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This will give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Queen Mattress For Platform Bed