You’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure where to start. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Queen Mattress For Lower Back Pain
Keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of different categories when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also factor in brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for them. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread to the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleepers.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known by their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material that helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is robust that it could be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up the top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body as well as age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their comfort varies widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers throughout the night! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost, take a look at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool, I’d recommend opting for a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type check out our website to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Queen Mattress For Lower Back Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for some time by putting on a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the back pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Queen Mattress For Lower Back Pain