You’re looking of a mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Queen Mattress For Back And Neck Pain
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share some details about the method we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here is rated 4/5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made of 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also consider cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a squeeze by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is known by their “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, so you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and, as an additional touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on the type of body as well as age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel differs widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most favored kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that suits your body go to our site for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and beds that have impressive edges, cool options as well as other features that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Queen Mattress For Back And Neck Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease a lot of discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Queen Mattress For Back And Neck Pain