So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but don’t know where to begin. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Queen Mattress For Airbnb
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
We have a variety of different categories when making our top picks. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about the process we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more expensive models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be suitable for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely notable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the mattress, making it a great choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out until the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a shape from a cushion of comfort foam that’s infused by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid with recovery. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping the spine balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so solid that it can be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some relief from pressure and your hips should are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body, age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their comfort varies widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a review of the best soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples might take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex can browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Queen Mattress For Airbnb FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by putting on an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Queen Mattress For Airbnb