So you’re in the market of a mattress, but don’t know where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Quality Mattress For The Price
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to find not just the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about the method we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feeling that is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely recognizable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built of 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the mattress which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for their preferences. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from the cushion of comfort foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up on the Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure at the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover for many their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping the spine neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on the top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support, and their feel differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress that suits your body go to our site for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples including mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex can browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Quality Mattress For The Price FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress a few months by putting on the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to look over its warranty. This can also give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for their back. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Quality Mattress For The Price