If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Purple Mattress For Side Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
We have a variety of categories in mind when we made our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to easily switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is made with 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, similar to latex in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid with recovery. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl up on the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also comes with the gel memory foam which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and, as an additional bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these features will assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type and age, sleeping positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their comfort differs widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the best memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! The most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select a mattress for your body type, visit our page for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Purple Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for several months by putting on a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to check the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Purple Mattress For Side Sleepers