So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Prices For Memory Foam Mattress Toppers
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about the method we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab, running each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel that should be an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the mattress which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread until the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from the cushion of comfort foam that’s filled with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known by their “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and give you some relief from pressure and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports the sides of the bed as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress which is worth the price check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples may consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex can check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Prices For Memory Foam Mattress Toppers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by using a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease a lot of discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Prices For Memory Foam Mattress Toppers