So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Price For King Mattress
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about the process we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to easily switch positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top notable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below the back, which will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear a great fit for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option for this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel on top. These features should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the bed and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type as well as age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. You can find high-end options in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! The top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose a mattress that suits your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool options and other requirements that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Price For King Mattress FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for several months by adding an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which will give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider selection, they can always look through our list of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Price For King Mattress