So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Pillowtop Mattress For Side Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to find not just”the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about the process we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, putting each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list is rated 4 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is made of 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be able to find the right bed for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and could aid in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, so you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these features will help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body, age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body go to our site for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older people to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and beds with impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Pillowtop Mattress For Side Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by using the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It will give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease many of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Pillowtop Mattress For Side Sleepers