So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Pillow Top Mattress Topper For Side Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk some details about the method we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab, running every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to easily change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is built of 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the mattress, making it a great pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out until the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and could aid with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known by their “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority their mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is solid that it can be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type and age, sleeping posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples may be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Pillow Top Mattress Topper For Side Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress several months by adding the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Pillow Top Mattress Topper For Side Sleepers