You’re looking of a mattress but don’t know where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Pillow Top Mattress For Back Pain
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what’s best for one person will not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here is rated 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be suitable for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to quickly change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This means that the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and might help in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on Bear Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material which helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it could be slippery, and you might want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine balanced alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support on the edges of the bed and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality options in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling varies widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper throughout the night! The top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select a mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples could take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Pillow Top Mattress For Back Pain FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by using an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty. This can also give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate a lot of pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger range, go through our selection of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Pillow Top Mattress For Back Pain